Sunday, October 16, 2011

Plowshare of a Post-war Germany



THERE IS SOMETHING MAGNIFICENT and poetic about this humble object. Only great words can describe it and there, I fall short with things of such raw beauty. I purchased this from my friend Joshua Lowenfels, who found it at a flea market in NYC. He purchased it from an old German fellow who was parting with a few things from his life. The handle is only about two feet long, so it appears to have been used as a sort of ladle for scooping and pouring wet concrete. I got weak-kneed when I saw it. If this isn’t the most perfect statement on the whole failed Nazi experiment, and of war in general, I don’t know of one. You can see more great things at in Josh’s online shop at: http://www.joshualowenfels.com

Peace.

1 comment:

Improvisors’ pool said...

My Italian grandfather had one exactly like that. He used it to shovel manure, to spite the former occupants.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...