Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Palm Pre Commercials

(Above and below) Still image from Sprint Palm Pre commercial with actress Tamara Hope.


(Above) Photograph by Loretta Lux.
(Above) Photograph by Loretta Lux.




IS IT ME? OR DO I SEE A RESEMBLANCE IN THE CURRENT
PALM PRE COMMERCIALS ON TV (see above) to the surreal photographs of Loretta Lux? Loretta is one of my favorite contemporary photographers, who creates incredible images of children in bleak but beautiful surroundings. In a way, if a Loretta Lux photograph could talk, would it be like this television commercial with Tamara Hope? I am not saying anything negative about the commercials— in fact, I love them. If the art director said: “yea, I wanted this surreal, Renaissance-style/Loretta Lux type of image,” I’d say he did a great job. The Palm Pre commercials are hauntingly wonderful, and I stop everything when it comes on the tube.

If you will remember, I did a post on Loretta Lux back in November. Click here for a review.

Loretta Lux is represented by Yossi Milo Gallery in New York and her work is © copyright.

2 comments:

mark drago said...

I agree about the similarity...the first time I saw it the tv volume was turned off and I thought the commercial lovely...perhaps for the same reason that I find the photo of the young girl enchanting

Unknown said...

MediaCurves.com just conducted a study with 305 viewers of a new controversial ad by Sprint promoting their new Palm Pre phone. The majority of viewers reported that “inspiration” and “happiness” were the emotions they felt most while watching the commercial. The study also revealed that the majority of viewers (67%) reported that the ad was either somewhat effective or extremely effective, while 16% of viewers indicated that the ad was confusing. More in-depth results please visit http://www.mediacurves.com/Advertising/J7490-SprintAd/Index.cfm.
Thanks,
Ben

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...